Tuesday, April 14, 2009

2006 Wynns black label, Cabernet Sauvignon, Coonawarra


Wynns Black Label is one of my favourite wines - It's always of good quality, and it is available at most outlets - it is one of the most accessible good wines.

I like the 2006 because it has class. The 05 was a crowd pleaser, and I purchased many bottles. But I have the feeling that the 06 will be a better long-run prospect. I think the 05 was too reliant on its vanilla oak profile, as a delicious wine whilst young. The 06 relies upon it's structure.

My advice: Buy a bottle of 06 Wynns Cabernet.

Score: 94/100

Why you want this wine: Because it is available almost everwhere. It is a great wine, and you can do much worse when purchasing from an outlet that has few other $30 wines that are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment